Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday


So here is my next post for Self Portrait Tuesday - We all start out as angels but it is how we chose to continue our lives that leads us towards our destiny and our dreams - I have always loved to do art in some form dancing, singing, expressing myself- Now by scrapbooking and mixed media collage work - Although when I was in second grade my art teacher "Mrs Manning" told my mom at a teacher conference that I was terrible at art - Well, no I can not draw nor did I fit in her perfect little box of what an artist should be - Maybe that is why now I chose to be artistic in different ways thinking outside of the box -here is a quick little ATC i did of myself to display my self portrait of me - I am glad i have continued to journey into the art world and did not take my teachers words and lack of interest in my ability to heart - I think everyone is capable of creating works of art - just by letting your inner child come out and play ... who knows what you can dream up... happy creating !!

3 comments:

Rhonna said...

GOOD for you...love that 2nd grade experience you had & look at you now..I'm GLAD you didn't fit inside the box...look at this wonderful SPT!

:)
R

Deb said...

I Love the Self Portrait!

(And an ATC to boot!
I'm an artist.
And I also do ATCs.
Would you like to swap?)

I enjoyed reading your blog --and I'll be keeping Cole in my prayers as he journeys through his toddler years...and accomplishes GREAT things! Yes, they grow too fast! Olivia will be four in June --when did that happen?! I want her to stop growing --but she doesn't listen.

Keep Creating!

Anonymous said...

Had a similar experience in high school; art teacher told me I was not good enough to take art as a senior; which in those days left me with only: sewing, home ec and family living. It took several years after graduation for me to get enough courage to follow through with my aspirations.

Lovely collage btw